Multiple Telly Award winning Director Michael B. Chait found mainstream success with his first feature film WOLF HOUND. Acquired and distributed by Lionsgate and their Grindstone Entertainment Group, the film was given a limited theatrical release in the U.S. and Canada and was a VOD hit, consistently ranking in the top 20 new film releases on Amazon for more than two months after its premiere, in addition to remarkably robust international territory sales.
Following the success that indie action hit WOLF HOUND provided as proof of concept, Chait piqued the interest of Lionsgate executives, and is in discussions about his next feature film project.
Chait began his career Directing commercials for clients including Volkswagen, Honda, Falcon Motorsports, The Yankee Air Museum, The U.S. Air Force/Air National Guard, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, and music videos for artists including James Maslow of Big Time Rush, Apl.de.Ap of The Black Eyed Peas, and more.
First inspired to become a Director at the age of 12, the determined Detroit native went on to graduate with a BA in Film/Video from Columbia College Chicago. During his time in Chicago, Chait solidified relationships with fellow future filmmakers who would go on to be his collaborative partners in WOLF HOUND.
– 2020 Silver Telly Award Winner for James Maslow “Love U Sober”
– 2018 Gold Telly Award Winner and Bronze People’s Telly Award Winner for Untamed Tongue
– 2017 Best Shorts Competition Humanitarian Award Grand Prize for Untamed Tongue
– 2017 Telly Award Winner for Mikey to the P “Big City”
– 2016 Telly Award Winner for Yankee Air Museum B-52: Three Generations
– 2014 Telly Award Winner for Yankee Air Museum, Falcon F7, Fearless Fitness, Lingenfelter and 122nd Fighter Wing
– One of the top 50 out of over 12,000 Directors world-wide selected for the FOX TV show ON THE LOT, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and Mark Burnett
– Selected by director John Woo and producer Terence Chang as one of the top ten out of over 450 directors for Midway Games’ TRUE TO JOHN WOO “STRANGLEHOLD” short film contest
– One of six Columbia College Chicago students selected for 2006 Directing Practicum to complete a large scale short film, DREAMWORLD, which premiered nationally on the Syfy Channel, May 28th 2007
– Music Video for Apl.de.Ap (of THE BLACK EYED PEAS) premiered at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE
– Received Civilian Legion of Merit Medal for “outstanding achievement” from 110th Fighter Wing of the Michigan Air National Guard for his Michigan ANG commercial
– Commercial for HeartMath emWave premiered at Kodak Theater, Hollywood, CA
– Winner of “Best Hollywood Short” award at 2004 IFP Chicago Flyover Film Festival for short film UNFINISHED BUSINESS