The son of a pilot and an artist, Michael’s passion for acting immediately switched to filmmaking after seeing THE ROCK when he was 12. Since graduating from Columbia College Chicago in 2006 with a BA in Film/Video, Michael has directed commercials for clients including Volkswagen, Honda, The Yankee Air Museum, TBWA/Chiat/Day NY, DDB, Falcon Motorsports and national TV spots for Lingenfelter Performance Engineering, Cigirex and The U.S. Air Force/Air National Guard. Michael has also directed music videos for artists including Apl.de.Ap of The Black Eyed Peas, and has several feature films in development/pre-production, serving as director, writer or executive producer.
Currently based in Detroit, Michael brings his cinematic vision to every commercial, music video and film he directs, not resting until each project looks and feels like it belongs on the big screen – regardless of limitations. A “hands-on” director ever since picking up his first camera, Michael tells stories through impactful imagery, sound and style to create the same type of movie-going experiences that captured his imagination as a kid. Michael is always looking to bring his unique visual brand to new projects of all shapes and sizes, please see the contact page to get in touch.
– 2017 Best Shorts Competition Humanitarian Award Grand Prize for Untamed Tongue
– 2017 Telly Award Winner for Mikey to the P “Big City”
– 2016 Telly Award Winner for Yankee Air Museum B-52: Three Generations
– One of the top 50 out of over 12,000 Directors world-wide selected for the FOX TV show ON THE LOT, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and Mark Burnett
– Selected by director John Woo and producer Terence Chang as one of the top ten out of over 450 directors for Midway Games’ TRUE TO JOHN WOO “STRANGLEHOLD” short film contest
– One of six Columbia College Chicago students selected for 2006 Directing Practicum to complete a large scale short film, DREAMWORLD, which premiered nationally on the Syfy Channel, May 28th 2007
– Music Video for Apl.de.Ap (of THE BLACK EYED PEAS) premiered at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE
– Received Civilian Legion of Merit Medal for “outstanding achievement” from 110th Fighter Wing of the Michigan Air National Guard for his Michigan ANG commercial
– Commercial for HeartMath emWave premiered at Kodak Theater, Hollywood, CA
– Winner of “Best Hollywood Short” award at 2004 IFP Chicago Flyover Film Festival for short film UNFINISHED BUSINESS